Introduction to the Users' Experience Design
Duration // Schedule
- To understand the user's experience as a methodology that allows to increase the satisfaction in the products and services perceptions.
- To learn the different stages of the methodology and to apply the processes, methods and own experience design techniques for defining, executing and evaluating the digital service ecosystem from a user-centered perspective.
- Know the methodology for the experience design, the recurring character and its relation with the people-centered design.
- Integrate the main techniques in a users' research process as part of the design process.
- Synthesize the research of users' archetypes and defining the design goals.
- Applying the process visualization basic techniques for organizing the experience flows.
- Designing experiences that have in common the digital ecosystem and provide services solutions without problems.
Structure and Contents
Along five sessions, the following contents will be treated:
1. Introduction to the users' experience
Five stages in experience design
Agile planning of a project
2. Users' research
What is the research
Methodological proposal and more common techniques
What is modeling
Three stages in modeling: people, scenarios and requirements
4. Narrative prototyping
User Journey Map
5. Value proposal
Value Proposition Canvas
6. Final presentations and conclusions
Independent research and designer. Her research is focused in the systematization of the visual language, the digital culture and the critical interface. She is now the director of the Master's Degree in Direction and Design of Internet Projects and the ELISAVA -- Pompeu Fabra University's Postgraduate program of Apps Design. She is also teacher in the Bachelor's Degree in Design. She collaborates as a consultant at UOC in the subjects of Interaction Design and Data Visualization as a teacher in the Master's Degree in Digital Publications at BAU-UVic.
In 2016, she participated in the preparation of the Manifesto for Critical Approach of the Interface in the framework of the European project "Participatory Investigation of Public Engaging Spaces" (Hangar, ZKM, BrainZ, 2016) Thanks to this participation, she has been the speaker in the 1st International Conference Interface Politics (2016), the UX Conference Telefónica Professorship -- UOC. (2016), and the 6th Congress International UXSpain (2017).
In 2004 she published in Gustavo Gili the book "Un sistema gráfico para cubiertas de libro" (A graphic system for book covers). Towards a parameters language from which a second edition has been published already. Recently, she has wrote the book "Cuaderno de Interacción" (Interaction Notebook) in which she analyzes the methodology of the interaction project from a constructuve perspective (2017).