Storyboard. Tools to present a project in a visual way (Closed course)
Video has gained importance in social networks and in the spreading of contents through new channels and it is becoming even more extensible to the rest of disciplines related to image. A lot of projects are presented and valued through a visual support and the storyboard (graphic script) is a basic tool that is used a lot.
The idea of this capsule is to work on a storyboard with sense and intention and by using audiovisual language resources to the top. The storyboard allows us to visualize our project from different perspectives and is both the support for the presentation and for the previous step to the video creation.
Students of any disciplines interested in visually showing their projects through a storyboard for presentations or as a previous step to a video-presentation of a project.
Laptops, material appropiate to maje the storyboard (ruler, pencil, eraser and coulour pencils and pens.)
The students must bring information about the project they want to present.
- To learn to visualize a project and to capture it by creating a storyboard.
- To work on a moodboard of visual references that visually has the project.
- To learn to synthetically structure and communicate through images.
- To look into the ability of visual narrative, not only showing images but also a story or placing the project inside a story.
- To work in a workshop format on a visual presentation with every student.
- To actively participate in all project to strengthen the teamwork.
- To be aware of the support, format and channel where our project will be visualized on and to make adaptations to adjust it.
Structure and Contents
1. Visualization (4 hours)
Visualization or search of visual references of different projects by the students. Elaboration of a moodboard as a kind of sketch suitable for the explanation of an idea or post-filming of a video.
2. Elaboration of a storyboard (4 hours)
View of framing, perspective and choice of visualization formats. Elaboration of a storyboard as a kind of sketch suitable for the explanation of an idea or post-filming of a video.
3. Elaboration of a storyboard 2 (4 hours)
Exercise of correction and synthesis of the storyboard. Decision of the storyboards’ look (colour palette). Presentation of the storyboard in class strengthening the interest points and the diferential values of the project.
Graduated in audiovisuals in the specialization of Illumination and Photography by ESCAC. His final project “Pura”, a documentary made in Singapore, won the audiovisual FAD awards 1999-2000 for the best documentary. He directs adverts since 2003 and has been awarded in advertising festivals of San Sebastian, La Habana, Málaga and Ojo Iberoamericanp working on different countries of the world for several brands. His most recent documentaries “The Walls” and “Família Ayara” have been awarded in the festival Sima of Los Angeles and the festival Unaff in San Francisco 2014. He currently combines teaching in Barcelona with advertising projects and photography.